Welcome!

Hopefully by creating this blog we will be able to keep in better contact with our friends and family. Hope you enjoy this glimpse into the lives of the Goldsbys!

Don't forget the blog posts are listed in order from newest to oldest at the bottom of the page, please scroll down for more postings. :)

Life, love, laughter.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Another trip home...

Family Name Sign half completed...
This week we again made one more trip to Humboldt for a very special Sunday wedding. Our special family friend, Frank, similar to a grandfather figure in my life married his long term girlfriend this weekend during a small ceremony on a drizzly Sunday at their house in Hydesville. Frank has been such an important part in my and my dad’s life… he has been similar to a father figure to my dad and has always been there for my brother and I. From my first houseboat trips to Trinity Lake, BB guns for Christmas, to giving me my first car The Nova, attending our graduations at St. Mary’s, Frank has always been an important person in my life and will continue to be. I was so glad we could be there to help them celebrate such an important event in his life. Together with the help of my dad,(he hammered/cut all the trim around the border) we made a family name sign for him. I have made several in the past and this one actually turned out amazing! Here is a picture of the sign after the lettering was done but before all the trim had been put on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment