Welcome!

Hopefully by creating this blog we will be able to keep in better contact with our friends and family. Hope you enjoy this glimpse into the lives of the Goldsbys!

Don't forget the blog posts are listed in order from newest to oldest at the bottom of the page, please scroll down for more postings. :)

Life, love, laughter.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Grandma Pietrok

This last weekend was a sad weekend for Phil and I and his family. Early Saturday morning, we made an unexpected trip to Humboldt to see his grandma Pietrok who had been sick in the hospital for the past week with things not looking good. At first Phil was going to go by himself since I was entering into my 37th week of pregnancy, but I felt I wanted to be there with him, I wanted to be there for his family. Phil was by my side when both my grandpa and grammy were sick and passed away and I felt it was important for me to be there for him and his family during such a difficult time. For such a somber weekend we actually were so lucky to arrive in time on Saturday to visit with his grandma for quite awhile, to just be there. Grandma Pietrok had been battling cancer for quite some time now and it had finally gotten the best of her. In her last days of life she made sure everyone knew how much she loved them and how important they were to her. We knew she didn’t have long and sadly, she passed away Monday morning… Grandma Pietrok was quite an amazing woman she had a strong will and desire and she fought a long hard battle with cancer. She has been an important person in our lives and life without her won’t be the same.



Grandpa and Grandma Pietrok and Phil Our Wedding


No comments:

Post a Comment