Welcome!

Hopefully by creating this blog we will be able to keep in better contact with our friends and family. Hope you enjoy this glimpse into the lives of the Goldsbys!

Don't forget the blog posts are listed in order from newest to oldest at the bottom of the page, please scroll down for more postings. :)

Life, love, laughter.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Teaching!


Belly Pic Update :)
The morning of September 1st I woke up to a phone call from the Elk Grove School District Sub Line, telling me there were various openings for substitute teachers. So quickly I checked the web and with Phil encouraging me to take a job I decided out of the 10 options fourth grade at Mack Elementary sounded fun, why not?! After accepting I quickly got ready and headed out for my first job of the school year. When I finally got to the classroom, I was surprised to see the teacher who was supposedly absent was still there. She asked if I was here to take over for her for the rest of the week and maybe more… I was confused and told her I thought I had only signed up for today but would be willing to work longer, as if I had any plans anyway ;). So long story short, this teacher ended up being gone for almost 4 weeks! I had a great time with the students, some days were challenging and by the end of my time, they had spent more time with me than they had with their regular teacher… it felt good to have a classroom even if it was only mine for a small period of time. I will still continue to sub until the baby comes but I am pretty sure this is the last long term assignment I will have for this school year.


No comments:

Post a Comment