Welcome!

Hopefully by creating this blog we will be able to keep in better contact with our friends and family. Hope you enjoy this glimpse into the lives of the Goldsbys!

Don't forget the blog posts are listed in order from newest to oldest at the bottom of the page, please scroll down for more postings. :)

Life, love, laughter.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Painting the town... PINK!

The weeks are clicking away at a rapid pace… I am 23 weeks pregnant if we are counting my updated due date of November 29th, only 16 weeks to go! We have a lot to look forward to in this upcoming 16 weeks.

This last week has been busy as usual... ;) Besides painting my heart out, Phil and I went to our third country concert this summer and saw Toby Keith, then we spent Saturday celebrating our college friend Scott’s birthday in Livermore. It was great to catch up with old friends.  Phil represented the Goldsby family well in “Minute To Win It” games. :) Heather hosted a great party!


Hutch Dresser Pic from
Craigslist BEFORE Painting
Sunday was our day to relax finishing up painting the furniture we’ve acquired compliments of Craigslist! However, I thought I better check clist one more time just to make sure there was nothing I had missed or any great finds. While browsing the free ads I came across this ad, “girls dresser and hutch Date: 2010-08-01, 1:44PM; DAVIS, CA: Solid wood, french provincial style girls three door dresser and hutch. Needs refinishing. Dresser is 17 1/2 x 31 Oval unit stands 6' tall.” I thought what are the chances it was still available but quickly I called the number and spoke with a lady who said she had just posted it and I was the lucky first caller! I told her we would be there as soon as possible to look at it but we were coming from Folsom so no sooner than 40 minutes or so. Phil was not nearly as thrilled as I was, he was worried we would drive all the way down there and it would be gone. I told him to suck it up get in the truck, and believe that it will work out. About half way to Davis, I got a call from the lady, I was worried it was gone, we had missed our chance. However, she was calling to make sure we were actually coming because she had received many calls and wasn’t sure if we were seriously interested. I told her our exact location and asked her to hold it, we would be there soon. Upon arriving I instantly feel in love with the dresser/hutch, it would be absolutely perfect for Baby Girl’s room… all it needed was a little TLC and some paint!

Hutch/Dresser Painted and Set Up
 in Baby's Room
The past few days I have been a painting maniac! I chose white with pink accents- careful not to get too crazy with too much pink ;) Of course we bought no VOC (bad smell chemical) paint and with the help of Phil in the evenings we have finally finished all of the baby room furniture. I even convinced Phil to help me set it all up in our extra upstairs room last night. Although we are not completely done decorating, it looks amazing so far… I am starting to get anxious hoping the next 16 weeks zip by. I can’t wait for our little bundle of joy to enjoy her new room!

Bookshelf Painted and Izzy
ready to read some books
to baby ;)










2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...it's perfect...I love it, I love you, and I love Phil and Izzy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Megan! You have always been so creative. There is this website I love called designsponge. You should definitely submit this to the before and after section!! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete